Monday, August 1, 2011

Emigrating- 'a new way of looking at things'

       












Quotes on Emigrating !                                         


Let us depart! the universal sun
Confines not to one land his blessed   
beams; Nor is man rooted, like a tree, whose seed, the winds on some ungenial soil have cast there, where it cannot prosper.
      - Robert Southey 


Emigration, forced or chosen,                           
across national frontiers or from
village to metropolis, is the quintessential 
experience of our time.
John Berger 



I am not (yet) facing the problem of emigration. I want my music to be acknowledged here first of all, in this country: after that, we shall see - perhaps the question will then become urgent. 
Alfred Schnittke 



On the subject of emigration, it is not my intention to dwell at any length. 
Charles Sturt 


Until I got married, when I used to go out, 
my mother said good bye to me as though I was emigrating.
Thora Hird 






If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment