Saturday, February 9, 2013

Calling Immigrants or Refugees in New Zealand!


Calling Extraordinary Immigrants in New Zealand to be interviewed for my new Book..





1. My target group need to be able to speak English, else be able to provide their own interpreter/translator if their ability to respond in English is limited, else I will not be able to get a valid or adequately reliable interpretation of their responses.

2. I am not looking to interview migrant students, but rather mature people (aged between  +- 40 and 75 or older ) who have accrued life experience in their previous country before migrating.
3. I am preferably not wishing to interview people who would be described as mentally unstable or psychotic, but rather people who manifest the more normal range of pathologies associated with migration, eg- such as depression, anxiety, stress, bereavement, or just adaptation to a new culture etc.
4. I would also like to interview folk who have suffered from religious, political, sexual orientation, cultural etc persecution or discrimination and thus decided to leave their country...



5. I am not looking exclusively at a refugee population but at bona fida migrants from the top 10 countries where migrants in NZ are most likely to come from. - IE as many different cultures as possible, as a comparative way to look at which settled better re language assimilation, culture etc. too, and differing reasons for emigrating from their homelands..

6. I would prefer migrants who have been through the initial 'honeymoon stage' and have been here for at least 2 to 3 years, so that their first impressions have worn off and they have settled in to some or other degree.

6. Folk whose stories appear in the book will each get their own book.

7. Applicants will enter an agreement with me and sign a consent form. The interview process will be ethical and respectful and folk interviewed will receive support and the opportunity to externalise in a therapeutic way.

 8. The book will also provide coping strategies for migrants, (which I have also provided in my 1st book, currently at the publisher, which focuses on migrants from Southern Africa to around the world) as well as information about the country from whence the migrants hail from.

email me at eve.epiphany@gmail.com if you wish to participate. Thanks  and Namaste!






No comments:

Post a Comment